Tuesday 26 October 2010

Poor Mans Antenna Analyser

mkiv_antenna_analyser

The poor mans antenna analyser was brought to my attention by Dave M0GGK. i had been looking for something like this for a long time.

It was designed by Andre, GM3VLB and his article is really interesting reading. He gives full details of how you can build one yourself. I have one built and am in the process of calibrating the meter.

I decided to buy one ready built from Andre and he still has a few more available but he says when they are gone, they are gone :-) he got the beautiful 50ua meters at a good price but there are no more available from that source.

I ordered one from him and it arrived a few days later, i must say it is beautifully made and is a great asset in my shack. Now i don’t have to rely on guess work anymore when building and setting up a new antenna.

check out Andre’s website http://www.gm3vlb.com/general/poor_mans_antenna_analyser.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment